Saturday, April 16, 2016

4/16/2016 Toledo Mud Hens 8, Louisville Bats 6

Louisville Slugger Field, Louisville, KY
Game 3 of 4

My friends Joel and Sheila in town to celebrate Joel's birthday...the most late-June weather day we've had in mid-April for quite some time, perfect to beers and based ball! 


My scoresheets, using my pitch-counting method! Read about it HERE, download the scoresheets for free HERE!


Toledo start Lucas Harrell was cited in the roster as wearing number 34...however, he was wearing number 18...I thought I had taken a photo of this, but apparently I didn't.

LOU LHP John Lamb, on rehab assignment, faces former Met of infamy, Jordany Valdespin

Valedspin grounds out, LOU 3B Jermaine Curtis to 1B Steve Selsky



LOU RHP Layne Somsen pitches to TOL C Drew Longley

It's always GREAT to see some of my Australian Baseball League favorites pitching here...tonight I saw RHP Warwick Saupold!

We played the Mystery Rookie Card game, but because I was so caught up in the night's festivities, I forgot about the cards until after I got home. It's such a drag getting old. 

I picked the infamous bat-licking Jose Constanza. I love telling the story, but the odd thing is the past few times I've seen him play here, I didn't catch him doing it...the first few times he was here, he was certainly doing it. ICYMI, Jose has the curious distinction of having been known to lick his bat after fouling off a pitch. I've seen it with my own eyes, here at LSF and on TV as well...I wrote about this a couple of years ago. Jose hasn't been a Brave for a couple of years, fact of the matter is he played for Louisville and Durham in the IL last season (with a brief stint for the independent league York Revolution in between), and is currently an unsigned free agent, playing for the Mexican League Leones de Yucatan.

Joel and I were talking about Travis Wood today; figures that he'd pick this (without really knowing it).

Official Program and Scorecard


Ticket #ClubLevelAccess

Bat Chat and Gameday Stats




If you enjoy my work, I encourage you to spread the word via Twitter 
(I am @yoshiki89), and also please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...