Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2013 Scoresheets


As the offseason slips deeper into the past, and with pitchers and catchers reporting very, very soon, it’s time to dust off the clipboard and get ramped up for a new baseball season.  Soon and very soon, we are going to see some baseball.  And I’m ready to score!!

Each year I focus on ‘sharpening the saw’ in regards to a specific aspect of my scorekeeping skills…last season, I decided to track and observe LOB (left on base) and Team RISP (Runners In Scoring Position) and that went very well.  I added a column at the end of the combined stats tabs and used it to tally this information (as well as Total Bases) as the game progressed.  It went roughly at first, but it didn’t take long to get the hang of it.

Here’s the final version of this season’s scoresheet…the only design changes were the addition of the LOB/TB columns, and the accompanying 2oRBI, RISP2o, and TmRISP boxes below those columns. 


This download is FREE and it always will be…you can still download last season’s prototype posted HERE and my previous versions are posted HERE, all on my Google Drive.
 If you download the sheet and like to use it, please spread the word and let me know.  If you have any ideas for improvement and/or questions about its use, don’t hesitate to speak up…either way, leave a comment below!

This year, I’m implementing a new method of counting pitches that allows me to not only track the types (ball, swinging strike, foul, called strike, etc) but also the order of the pitches.  I’ve tried a few different methods and I think I’ve got a solid solution in place.  I will introduce this methodology in my new series, “For Those of You Scoring at Home.”  I realize I promised to start this last year, but I had some challenges in how I wanted to present the information, how to go about plotting examples, and things of this nature.  Fortunately, I’m ready now and this is the year I’ll get started.

“For Those of You Scoring at Home” will debut soon with a 2-part post that will detail my methods of counting pitches, using my customized scoresheets.  Part one will cover the method I’ve been using for the past several years.  Part two will cover the new method I’ll be using this season to count the pitches and maintain the order of those pitches for each plate appearance.

4 comments:

  1. I'm using your scoresheet to try scoring my first game today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't work out as planned. I intended to score the Reds-Cardinals game, and then of course Pirates-Cubs ran long, so since I missed the first inning, I decided to try another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's baseball!! thanks for the update, hope the scoresheet works out for you!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...