Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/7/10 Chicago Cubs 2, Altanta Braves 3

Turner Field, Atlanta, GA
Game 2 of 3

ARRRRRGHGHHHGHGHHHH

I was worried (mostly) about Ryan Dempster's performance...5-point-plus ERA in Turner Field, 0-8 record there as well.

Dempster was GREAT, a truly solid performance and he deserved at least one RBI, but didn't get it. The 5th inning was astounding, I felt vindicated as a Cubs Fan 2010 when that inning ended. Soriano's bloop double was awesome. I was even hooting Sean Marshall after his stellar performance in relief.

Good Grief, here comes Chipper Jones. Just when I felt like 'hey, our offense may be on its way up' the future HOF-er chops a reminder that this is only 'Opening Week' (hey, we dropped a BUNCH of games early on in 2007 as well) and that adjustments need to be made.

I'm also developing a bad taste for the Braves, but that's only envy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...