Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7/7/09 Atlanta Braves 2, Chicago Cubs 1

Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL

The second part of a most outstanding day in my life. It would have been better if we could have flown the W flag and sang ‘the song,’ but the seats were awesome, the game lotsa fun, and still a most memorable occasion.


I was disappointed that Chipper Jones didn’t make the ATL lineup; I was looking forward to seeing him play during a game I attended and still am – but no worrites, and the Braves certainly didn’t need him.

BRAVES 2 8 0
CUBS 1 7 0

Zambrano pitched like a true ace, 2 ER and 6 K in 6 lusty innings. He walked 3, however, and his lead-off walk of Nate McLouth was ATL’s first run scored. Vazquez also racked up 6 Ks, didn’t walk any, and held the Cubs to only 5 hits during his 7 innings – 4 innings were 3 up, 3 down. Ramirez and Soriano both went 2-4, Hill and Hoffpauir both credited with an RBI each, and Ryan Theriot (the MAN of the day) finally hit safely with a 2B in the 8th. Fukudome and Derrek Lee, both still considerably hot, went 0-3 and 0-4 respectively.

Today’s giveaway was a Cubs lunchbox…for KIDS only!!! My gracious daughter Kei gave me hers, so now THIS KID has one!!

When I get all the pics together from our Ryan Theriot experience, I will post a missive about that fantastic event!




Official Cubs Scorecard, with player stats ATM




Hey Hey! Keeping score with the CUBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...