Sunday, December 30, 2012

10/28/12 San Francisco Giants 4, Detroit Tigers 3

Comerica Park, Detroit, MI
World Series Game 4

The winning run, scored by Ryan Theriot, the CYLON.


Head-to-head nuclear starting pitcher combat.  Blistering blast beat infield defense.  Turgid baseball antics.


...and postseason extra-innings mayhem.  Maybe a World Series sweep isn't that sexy, but ending the World Series in extra innings under these circumstances probably is.

I took Bob Nightengale's unusual World Series predictions over my knee in this piece I wrote for Big Leagues Monthly on October 30, 2012.  Lots of chuckles.

The hashmarks at the bottom of each set of PA columns (right above the pitch totals) are one of several strategies I used to track first pitch strikes...as of early 2013, I've figured out a better way to do this, and I posted my method HERE so please go check that out.





 Giants win the World Series 4-0.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...