Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/11 Columbus Clippers 11, Louisville Bats 3

Louisville Slugger Field, Louisville, KY
Game 1 of 2


This is Jose Castro, called up a few days ago from the Carolina Mudcats to fill the roster spot vacated by Dave Sappelt. He is pretty good at Baseball.

After having toured a Suite or two during Season Ticket Holder Open House this year and last year, I was never sure I’d actually ever get to enjoy a game from a Suite. As fortune would have it, a week or two ago I was invited to watch tonight’s game from a Suite as part of an outing for work. Huzzah!!! Coincidentally, “Suite 9” is one of the only Suites I’ve been in during the tours, I recognized the Ernie Banks and George Bush portraits. This Suite is almost nearly directly behind my regular seats in 211, so the view from these photos is similar, and from a vantage point I have come to cherish.

The attire being ‘business casual,’ I left my baseball duds and seeds at home, of course I brought my clipboard…I also did a remarkable job at not going into my Miller High Life guy Skybox Rant just for yuks…I ate some great food and spent most of the time in the seats outside, so yeah…I could smell me a hot dog…”that’s what I’m talking about!”



Other than that, and the first time I’ve seen Jose Castro play, there wasn’t much else to shout about as the Bats couldn’t stifle the much-disemboweled Columbus Clippers. Scott Carroll’s July struggles continue, but I know he’ll bounce back…he IS that damn good!

Oh yeah…Nick Johnson started as DH for the Clippers, and HEY…he’s lost a few pounds!

COL 2B Cord Phelps faces Scott Carroll – 1st inning

…and in the 4th inning

Phelps cracks a base hit to right field


SS Chris Valaika faces LHP David Huff, who was great when I saw him on 7/4/11


SS Luis Valbuena 1-for-5 tonight with 3 RBI) vs Scott Carroll




RF Chad Huffman faces LHP Tom Cochran, in relief for David Johnson


DH Corky Miller against RHP Matt Langwell








Official Scorecard, signed by Chris Valaika, and Bat Chat






This is what your ticket looks like if you’re going to a SUITE!


Official Program, #3 of 3 for the 2011 season, featuring CORKY MILLER on the cover!

If you missed it, please take a moment to enjoy this fantastic article with great photos by the Cincinnati Enquirer's John Erardi on Corky and his career and unestimable worth as a staff catcher!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...